.

.

Friday, October 17, 2014

I Know Better

I'm pretty sure every mama thinks her kids are the cutest in the world. I would hope so at least. Letsbehonest, we've all seen kids that make our brains go "blurg!" Just not super physically attractive children. Often, these kids have super endearing personalities so they are still cute in their own way. But, regardless, I would hope that their mamas would truly think that her child was the most adorable baby ever to be born. 

Other mamas may think their baby is the cutest... 

... But I know better. 


Exhibit A:



Exhibit B:


My kids. They are the cutest. The. Cutest. 

Mommy confession (and maybe you feel this way too): sometimes I get angry when other people say other babies are cute. Not specifically in relation to my children, but just generally comment about the cuteness of other kids. I know, right? How ridiculous is that? I get upset because that person must be blind. That kid isn't a dog, but has s/he seen my kids? I mean, comments on the cuteness of other kids is wasted. Truly wasted. All the comments should be directed at my kids. Because, look at them! 

It's not every comment and not every person. But sometimes a comment just really gets to me. It's hard to let it go. I told you, it is unreasonable and one of my "stupider" thoughts. But it's there and try as I might, I can't make it go away. 

While I struggle with these thoughts and am working on not dwelling on them, part of me hopes all mommies out there have similar feelings. All mommies should think their children are beautiful. 

My children are adorable. Plain and simple. I know it. You know it. And it's ok that other babies are adorable too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment