.

.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Daniel Watson 6 Months

My sweet little baby is already half s year old? Impossible! I mean, seriously impossible! I cannot wrap my head around that. Slow down, time! 

... Buuuuut, on the other hand, it is SO much fun watching Daniel grow and learn! His personality is beginning to show and he is such a little charmer. 

As always, lately, I'll update soon with more pictures (the ones from my camera, these are from my phone) and with what he's been up to this month (which is a LOT!). My parents are visiting for a coule days so it may be later in the week, but here's a picture of what our month has been like.









22 weeks
Finally doesn't hate the Ergo carrier. He used to hate having to spread his legs, so much so I asked the Dr. about it to be sure he didn't have joint problems. Also, in case you didn't know (like me), the back buckle slides up and down depending on how short/tall you are! I knew I used to be able to buckle it on my own no problem with Jackson. It slid about 4 inches lower while it was stored! No wonder it was so hard for me to buckle myself! 
Will purse his lips if I'm trying to feed him and he's not interested. Not a comfort nurser unless he's feeling sick. Just another way he differs from Jackson. 
9/14 keeps rolling from tummy to back while sleeping and sticking his arm through the crib slat. 
Usually pops off my breast mid meal to look up at me and smile. So endearing! 
Smiling and laughing at Jackson playing. Smiles even just looking at Jackson. 
Rarely cries in earnest anymore but does a fussy cry when he doesn't get his way. 
9/17 fed in Ergo while at the Nashville zoo. First time ever feeding while babywearing. So convenient! 

23 weeks 
Brought out the 3-6 months clothes and 9 month for winter. Put away 0-3 months. Still wearing 0-3 month sleepers though. 
9/25 rolled from back to front! 
Rolls from front to back and back to front several times a night and wakes himself up. 
9/26 has first "bad dream". Whimpering in sleep then long, drawn out wails. Never woke up. Wasn't kicking his feet or rolling over, just lay still and made cry noises. 

24 weeks
9/27 can sit up, but bent over! He doesn't flop over, but he usually is bent in half playing with his feet. He can push himself up using his hands though and then he's sitting more upright. 
9/27 had another bad dream. Not sure if short night terrors since it's just beginning. Whimpered, long wails. When I picked him up he was shaking and twitching. He continued to wail but but it wasn't a frantic cry. It sounded like a "hurt" cry. Didn't move his head at all while I held him (normally he moves his head from side to side when he wakes up crying at night). When he wouldn't cry he would breathe very quickly, sounded like hyperventilating, then would let out another long cry. 
Still does so well in church nursery. He takes a bottle just fine in there now. I only leave 2-3 oz in case he doesn't drink it. He doesn't fuss for more though. The ladies say he sleeps, eats, then passes out again! Hopefully he doesn't get bad separation anxiety since he's been in there for so long already and knows the nursery workers. 
Loves his toes! He plays with them when he's sitting up in the bumbo and pulls them up when he's lying on his back. 
Can roll over from front to back and back to front no problem now. Does it pretty constantly. Also have noticed him scrunching up just when he's on his tummy and then pushing himself forward. Has moved about 2 feet forward that way! 

25 weeks 
10/5 first baby food: sweet potatoes and one puff. Mostly spit the sweet potatoes out immediately. I had to put the spoon on top of his tongue so he didn't push it out. Ate a few bites. Did not like the puff at all. Made a face when I put it in his mouth and whined getting more and more worked up until I took it out. 
Getting much better at sitting tripod style. He can balance himself almost upright if one hand is on the ground. He usually tumbles when he reaches for a toy. 
Began biting down while nursing. No teeth yet but he has some strong gums! 
10/6 was sitting tripod style and straightened up and was just sitting there! Didn't wobble and didn't topple over. Went back and forth between tripod and sitting straight up 
Laughs at lady horse. 
Loves to sit in my lap facing me and then we rock back and forth in the rocking chair. 
10/12 begins jumping in jumperoo in earnest. Jabbers away while he jumps. 

















































Half a year. Seriously, where has the time gone? This little man is my mini-me in male form, both in looks and temperament. I hope as he grows he can learn from my mistakes and I can help guide him to be a much better person than I. 

I love you so much, Daniel Watson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment