.

.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

27

I am now 27 years old. It feels so strange because I was positive I was 27 already. This whole year has really thrown me off. I thought it was our 7th anniversary and I thought I had already turned 27. Is my brain turning old and forgetful? No, that must just be the mommy-of-two-I-haven't-slept-a-solid-night-for-three-and-a-half-years brain. 

Either way, I have high hopes for my year of being 27. I will have plenty of opportunity for growth and have set some personal goals for myself. I want to be the best person, wife, and mother I can be and that requires work. I hope to grow in love and patience and happiness. I hope to embrace every day and not take a single moment for granted (including when Jackson wakes up for the third time in a night and then both boys wake up at 6:30 am for the day. 

We had a low key day at home. I have a possible play date and thought I might take the boys shopping, but decided I just wanted to hang out with them at home. 




I love those pictures. They are not perfect. They are not in focus. They are selfies. But they very accurately describe my life with two boys right now. Fast paced, busy, and full of joy. I am so blessed to have these two boys to take care of every day. They have made my life so much fuller. They have taught me so much about myself and the world and love and God. I am a better person because of them. 

Even though I didn't leave the house today, I still get to wear a fabulous birthday outfit! My favorite sequinned top, cut off jean shorts, and my favorite baby accessory! Daniel always wants to be held so this isn't the most comfortable shirt for him, but he didn't complain too much! 


Matt came home around lunchtime for the day. He surprised me by walking in with these red, pink, and white roses (I love roses) and this frosty with lit candle and everything while singing Happy Birthday. He warms my heart. He also had a pretty perfect birthday card. 


Not that anyone else cares, but just because I'm excited about them, my birthday presents were my panasonic lumix zs30 digital camera (which I have been using for about a month and love), two statement necklaces (in the mail), and a pair of leopard print flats from J. Crew (my first and probably only leopard print anything, also in the mail). I am so excited to receive these things! My fashion sense has been evolving a lot the past couple years and while I'm still not a huge animal print fan, I have recently been loving leopard print flats with brown, with black, and with bold colors! 

We grilled steak for dinner and then just relaxed at home. I love my little family, my life, and my birthday. Here's to another great year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment