.

.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sweet Slumber

These are from last night, but this is generally how they sleep anyways. 



Daddy is away in the field for a bit and we just learned he's currently scheduled to deploy soon (there is still a chance that may change), so while I love to watch my boys sleep on any given day, it means something completely different when I am acting the part of single parent. 

Sleeping children (especially in their own beds) means rest. Sleeping children means quiet. Sleeping children means peace. Sleeping children means soon-to-be-sleeping-Mumma. 

I love my boys and I'm still at the point when I miss them while they're asleep. I still want to just hold them and let them sleep on me (Jackson normally comes to find me during the night). There is just something so special about the relaxed weight of your child asleep in your arms. They trust you. They feel safe with you. They know your rhythms. They know your scent. They try to hold on to you as you lay them in bed. It is a wonderful feeling that is difficult to describe. I know holding your own children is far different than your nieces or nephews. I imagine it is different from your grandchildren. You have this connection with your own children that is unparalleled. 

My boys are pretty amazing. They are well behaved. They play nicely (Daniel is starting to play now and it is so fun to watch). They are both so snuggly which is good for this Mumma's sensitive heart. Their smiles, oh their smiles! Their smiles make my day. They are seriously making me want another baby sooner than we are currently planning. But they also make me tired. I am not nearly as tired as some moms and more tired than others. But it is a rewarding tired. I have very full days and a very full life that gives me a very full heart. 

I am thankful for my boys. I am thankful for their personhoods and their spirits. I am thankful for the privilege of being their mother. And right now I am thankful that they are sound asleep and I am about to join them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment