.

.

Sunday, September 4, 2016

My Three Special Boys


I'm sitting in the big boys' room waiting for the middle one to fall asleep. The oldest is snuggled in his bed with all his best stuffed friends and the baby is curled up on my lap. In this time I've been doing some thinking and praying over each of my boys and some words jumped out at me for each of them.

As I prayed over Jackson I thanked God for his intellect and love. Jackson loves to learn and is so bright, I pray this continues as he grows. He is so passionate about his interests and he has such great potential. Jackson also loves people. This is interesting as he has some mild social anxiety. He may not like big groups, but he loves being with people and playing. He is quick to give hugs and kisses to most anyone and calls other kids (that he doesn't know) "friends". I am so thankful for his sweet, loving spirit and I hope that never gets quenched. 

When I prayed over Daniel I thanked God for his perceptiveness and joy. Daniel observes so much. He learns by mimicking others and he is exceptionally good at figuring things out. He is our little sponge and I cannot wait to see what his specific interests turn out to be since he follows Jackson around and plays with him mostly now. Almost everything Daniel does is with a big smile. He is a very happy child and he is ready for anything. his joy is contagious and we often just sit and smile in wonder at his big heart.

For Chase, I just thanked God for his existence. Never would I have dreamed to have a third boy. We had planned to have two and adopt one, so when we had two boys we planned to adopt a little girl. When we decided to get pregnant again we were open to either gender. I am so thankful for this new little person and new bond I have. Being a Boymom is so special and there is nothing quite like it. He is my little cling-on, snugglebug right now and I am so very thankful.

I have three very different boys, but they are all wonderful and such a blessing to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment