.

.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Waiting Game

I'm to the point in pregnancy where every twinge makes me wonder if it's the start of labor. While I've been through this twice before, I'm still worried I won't know it's time! Having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions and prodromal contractions makes it even more difficult to gauge! 

I feel very ready for birth again. I hope to have a short labor again so I can go un-medicated, but if labor lasts a long time then I'm open to an epidural again. I'm very ready to hold my sweet baby. I feel uncomfortable enough and am losing enough sleep that I figure at least having a newborn to snuggle will be better. Plus I just love the newborn phase. 

I'm keeping the house neat, trying to keep myself pretty (nails, shaving, etc), and when I feel hopeful I braid the front of my hair so it can be out of my face for labor. I try to keep on top of the boys' snacks so there is plenty for whenever the sitter has to be here with them. It's all very tiring. Baby could just sit in there for another three weeks and that just seems like so long when my body feels ready now. He feels low and my contractions are getting stronger but when they stop I feel discouraged. I know he will be here before I know it and I can't believe this whole pregnancy has already come to the end! I can't help but wish and pray that he will be born so soon though! We all feel ready, I think. 

I do wonder about having a home birth since I like to labor at home as long as possible so I don't feel pressured into any extra drugs to speed things along. One the one hand, it's scary to think of doing it at home. On the other, it would be so beautiful as long as baby and I were safe and happy. I think both Matt and I are ok with it since we know what to expect but we aren't planning to stay at home, by any means. We just made sure to talk through the option in case it happens. 

Come on, baby Chase! We're very ready to meet you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment